Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups (560ml) milk
- 80g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 egg, whisked
- 300g frozen berries, thawed
- Extra melted butter
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift flours, cocoa and sugar into a large bowl. Add milk, butter and egg. Whisk until well combined. Gently stir in berries.
- Brush two small nonstick frying pans with a little of the extra melted butter. Heat over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup of mixture to each pan. Cook for 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface. Carefully turn over and cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer pancakes to a plate and wrap loosely in a clean tea towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing pan between each batch. If you find the pan is getting too hot, reduce heat slightly.
- To make chocolate sauce, place chocolate, cream, sugar and vanilla in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate melts. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until it reduces and thickens. Pour into a heatproof jug and set aside.
- To serve, divide pancakes between serving plates and pour over chocolate sauce. Serve with ice cream.